Explore the latest projects from the UK’s commercial interiors industry, featuring the best of workspace, hospitality, living and public sectors.

Ark unveils its first experiential co-living space

At Wembley Ark in North London, Holloway Li designs for a new type of community.

03/02/2023 4 min read

Interviews, opinions and profiles from industry experts

Making data human: in conversation with i/o atelier's Steven Charlton

i/o atelier’s Steven Charlton on starting from scratch and why using data can create a more meaningful human experience.

30/01/2023 6 min read

Discover the latest and most innovative products curated by Mix Interiors.

UNILIN's Master Oak: a high-performance alternative to real wood

Six ready-to-use designs offer an impressive step forward in decorative panelling.

02/02/2023 2 min read

Companies

View all companies

Discover the latest news and company profiles from the companies shaping the UK commercial interiors industry.

Company Profiles

View the latest company profiles from the commercial interiors industry

View all

The noho move chair offers ‘life-enriching’, Earth friendly seating

The first product to come from New Zealand brand noho, the noho move chair adds dynamic comfort to homes and workspaces.

08/12/2022 2 min read

Affordable yet ‘life-enriching’, the patented noho move chair is the first product to come from New Zealand manufacturer, noho. Crafted following hours of research in partnership with sister company, Formway, noho’s ergonomic chair cradles the body and offers maximum support, while eliminating pressure points and improving circulation.

With an auxetic mesh seat and four different flex settings including ‘forward-tilt’ and ‘recline-flex’, noho’s revolutionary design ensures correct posture and dynamic comfort. Richard Cutfield, executive director at noho, said: “Our design team at our sister company Formway has been championing sustainable, humanistic design since before designing the iconic Life Chair for Knoll more than 20 years ago – the meaning of ‘Life’ being, Light, Intuitive, Flexible and Environmental.”

noho’s founding heritage is a fundamental part of its brand, named after the Māori expression ‘to sit, stay, dwell, live’, which further embodies the belief in kinship and connection between humans and the natural world – ‘kaitiakitanga’.

To bring the noho move chair into the UK market, the seating company opted to partner with workplace studio Obo Life. Richard adds: “Our noho move chair embodies these same design values in a revolutionary, dynamic table chair, that we are immensely proud to be offering in the UK in collaboration with our like-minded partners, Obo Life.”

Gary Helm, founder and director of Obo said: “Noho offers the level of commitment to sustainability that we hope to see from our partners.  From material sourcing to responsible packaging, they are aligned with our vision of saving the planet, one product at a time.”

Textile company Aquafil worked with noho to create the noho move chair, which is 75% comprised of reclaimed fishing nets and end of life carpet rescued from landfills – otherwise referred to as ECONYL regenerated nylon. Globally, the furniture brand is the first to use this substance. The remaining 25% of the chair is made up of of post-industrial polypropylene.

All noho products are made in New Zealand to manage quality and to power their production with 82% renewable energy. Packaging has zero plastic, and instead uses FSC certified, recyclable materials, all in an effort to reduce waste.

 

Related Articles

Inspiration for your next read

Back to top